NYC-The End. :)

I still have not found my flash drive! UGGGHH. I woke up a little early to upload some pics form the last day we were in NYC. πŸ˜‰ I slept really well today, thanks to the air conditioner. πŸ™‚ Stephen and Lara were as cute as ever today, painting the town red on their shopping spree. Lara is doing this new, super adorable thing where she calls me “Mama Bear, Stephen- “Papa Bear”, and herself- “Baby Bear”. It is the cutest thing in the whole wide world. πŸ˜‰

I received my 1st birthday gift today! Yay! I’m almost 27! Thanks Lara, I LOOOVED it!

Here goes the pics that Lara & Julia took together. When I scanned it, my scanner thought it was 2 separate pics and split them into 2, LOL. Just imagine Lara on the left, Julia on the right.

So, here goes. It’s kind of bittersweet blogging about NYC. I can’t believe the trip is over! The last day, we decided to walk all the way across town for a cupcake. We didn’t go to Magnolia’s because we thought it would be kind of silly to wait in line for dessert. That’s the same reason we were not down with the 1.5 wait time to eat at Serendipity 3 the 2nd night there.

We went to Buttercup Bake Shop. I prefer Pasadena’s good old Dots.

From there, we walked south to the United Nations. It was beautiful. It made me want to run home and rent, The Interpreter. Cool movie! I want to work there!

Stephen took a pic of me in front of the Mexican flag because I am a Mexican. πŸ˜‰

We walked to Grand Central Station, passing the Chrysler building on the way over. At this point, we had already check out of our hotel and left our luggage with the front desk. The shuttle was set to pick us up at our hotel at 3pm. From Grand Central, we took the subway to Columbus Circle, the SW part of Central Park. We decided to eat lunch at Gabriela’s, a Mexican restaurant in the Upper West Side. At this point, we hadn’t ridden in a taxi. OMG–that’s sooo NY and we had to give it a try. I made sure I had cash on hand (and a little extra for the tip). Stephen stuck his hand out and the cab magically appeared! Yay! We took it 35 blocks north. And, you know what? I did not need the cash!

The taxi has this in the backseat. You can watch TV, check out the running fare, and there is a map w/ GPS that shows exactly where the cab was! Cool! I paid w/Visa and was even able to include the tip!

Oooops, here goes a random pic Lara took of Cookie Monster. πŸ™‚

She was enjoying a chicken bone at Gabriela’s.
She wanted to hug us on the ride back to the hotel. πŸ˜‰

We were dropped off in front of the hotel w/ 30 minutes to spare. I tried to get a much needed pedicure but, there was no time. Stephen and Lara went to the MOMA design store (1 blk s/of the hotel) and bought 3 coooool souvenirs. He bought 2 NYC block sets (one for Julia and one for Lara).

He also got me this cool notebook w/ a small zipped bag attached. He got himself a set of origami papers, because he is creative. πŸ˜‰

That/s all. The shuttle took us to Newark. The plane took us to LAX. Julie and Santiago took us home. It was a wonderful, wonderful trip. It could not have gone any better. We want to go again, soon. We want to catch a Broadway show. We want to spend more time going into the museums. We want to live over there and become New Yorkians. πŸ™‚

I will leave you with a pic of Lara, at the airport. She fell asleep in her stroller, clutching a few pennies in her hand. πŸ™‚


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s