Happy 2009, everyone!
I’m not into New Year’s resolutions. I just hate the idea of people waiting until 01/01 to start making something out of their lives. It’s just another day, people. In that case, how about we all make a big fanfare out of the 31st day of every month. Not to say that I don’t have any goals set up for myself. I will be working on my 1001 list. I’m not as close as I would want to be at this point.
- The Coming of Age of LEP: She’s no longer just my little girl. She has ideas and words of her own. Every day she finds new ways to astound me. It can be summed up in the one line I tell Stephen every day he gets home from work: “Today was a great day with Lara”.
- A Husband who still Loves me: That’s all I really want from him, really. Everything else is an additional perk in the contract we call our marriage.
- An Extended Family who is always, always there: I have a handful of babysitters available on my speed dial. Their doors are always open (not literally, of course) and welcoming. I hope I can return their generosity.
- A Job I Love: I can’t imagine doing anything else. It fits like a glove.
- All The Rest: Our Church, Health, Good Friends, The Beagle, The Cat, a House, Cars, Food, Potatoes, Starbucks, H&M, Kate Spade, Ikea, Apple, Kiehl’s, Our Space Heater, the BroomVac, Hello Kitty, Mascara, Etsy. Is it silly to be thankful for something as trivial as a space heater? It keeps us warm, dammit!
I hope you all had a great NYE and NYD. I spent the night working at the Rose Parade command post with one of my favorite co-workers. It’s very interesting to be part of the behind the scenes of a big production like that. It is also amazing that multiple agencies are able to work together and help the parade run smoothly.
We went to the parade this morning. The whole family met at our house and we walked down to Colorado. We all had prime seats and had a great time. The best part? Lara in awe of the floats and marching bands. Her favorite? This one of course:
The view from our seats (we were in front of the Norton Simon Museum, for those that know):
And, the Iphone pic Stephen e-mailed me at 0001 while I was at work and they were ringing in the New Year at home. Really, really love them. I mean, if I had the words to express it, I could write a novel: