Lara settled herself into school life nicely. There were plenty of holidays and celebrations to enjoy. And, DISNEY! Lots of Disneyland. And, we must not forget: BIRTHDAYS. I was in the paper! And, BABIES, beautiful BABIES born. We visited San Francisco for the first time (Day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5). Lara turned 4….WOW. She started pre-school! My niece was a Princess. We went on an adult-only vacation w/ my BFF. And, the holiday season did not dissapoint…we truly enjoyed it.
I think I can sum up the year with a prayer by my favorite little French girl:
We love our bread, we love our butter, but most of all, we love each other.
The year was great, but most importantly, The Parras have each other. 🙂
As far as resolutions go, I don’t like ’em. 01/01 as a milestone kind of irks me. Instead, I will just use January to re-evaluate a few of my to-dos.
Things to Keep Doing:
- Enjoy. EVERYTHING. The good, the bad, LIFE. I am thankful for the ability to LOVE what I am doing. However mundane it may seem. It’s the little stuff, right?
- Be THANKFUL. Overkill to thank God a billion times a day for victories (BIG and small)? Never! I will praise Him all year long.
- Read. I have really made an effort to do more reading and I have enjoyed the results. I won’t let laziness get in the way of any “extra” things that I love.
- Keep on cooking. This year I started cooking on an almost daily basis. And, I LOVE it. There is a satisfaction to being able to feed the family. I hope that I don’t get burned out by it this year.
Things to Do MORE Of:
- Involvement in my church. I’ve been a passive church attendee. Must be more of a participant.
- Giving. I need to give more of myself, more of my time. I’m VERY stingy with my time and hoard it. I will try to be more flexible with it.
Things to STOP Doing:
- Communicating via text. I need to start calling people again.
- Spending for the sake of spending. I refuse to become a hoarder.
- Being too sedentary. My left arm was begging for movement all last year. Don’t want the rest of my body to revolt against me.